... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Indiana 'Skully'.....the 'Happening' 'Hulk' (spoilers ahead!)



If I were to rank my favourite Indie movies, I'd definitely say The Temple of Doom first, followed by Raiders of the Lost Ark. Not really a fan of The Last Crusade - rather boring. I went to catch The Temple of Doom at the cinema - it was my first time (at the cinema). I was still a small kid. Back in the days, there were still no cineplexes around yet. You pretty much watched this one giant screen with so many other people. That day, my family and I were in the first class seats - meaning we were on the first floor and the seats were far back from the screen.

How uncomfortable the chairs were at that time, to me at least. Being small and rather lightweight, I remember that everytime I tried to lean back, the seat tilted and because of that, I sat close to the edge of the seat most of the time, fearing that I would be squeezed between the seat and the back rest should the seat closed with me still inside the seat. Funny huh? Despite feeling afraid, I did manage to enjoy the movie. Heck, who could forget such scenes like the heart-pulling sacrficial ceremony or the scene with all the bugs or when they had monkeys' brains for dinner or the final scene with the hanging bridge, and by hanging, I mean literally.

Indie is like a Bond, but without fancy gadgets. Give him the whip and the hat plus some map for directions and perhaps a compass, then he's in business. So, when they announced the release of the latest Indie, surely those who grew up watching Indiana Jones, would have had high expectations, especially since we can see the same actor at the helm.

But be warned, for this one may (slightly) disappoint you. If you are in it for the ride, then chances are you'll be entertained. But if you catch this because you miss the good 'old' adventures of Indiana Jones, then you may find yourself hating him instead for... yes, Indie IS old. Yes, there are adventures and greedy baddies and some secret passages waiting to be explored, but I can safely say, a certain young actor steals most of the (action) scenes.... and for a reason. Yep, despite the crappy ending, the movie also concludes with a hint - that an Indiana Jones Jr. will follow suit... Let's just hope his rides are much better than his father's.



I was so relieved when I learned that The Incredible Hulk was not directed by Ang Lee 'coz that would have been disaster, multiplied by two. In fact, I don't think the latest Hulk is a continuation of the other one. Watch this - you'll probably enjoy this giant greenie. I definitely did enjoy myself. The ending scene also comes with a hint - it seems that they may combine Hulk and Iron Man to join forces in preventing mayhem from threatening mankind (if not creating one). Let's just wait if they make a movie out of that premise one day.


My oh my, they (the critics) sure are giving this movie a hard time. With the exception of the few (of the critics), others have nothing else to say but to condemn - not just the movie, but also the actors and the director. Some even predicted M Night's career is about to end based on their judgement of this movie.

OK, so this may not be a masterpiece equivalent to The Sixth Sense and this movie, just like Lady In The Water, doesn't have the director's signature twist in the end,
but it does make us think about our survival, should the Mother Nature tries to get rid of us.

Sure, other summer movies have plenty of action and kicking/explosion stuffs to keep moviegoers entertained but once in a while, why not let our brain do some thinking and our heart do some feeling by watching this movie. After all, the movie does explore the possibility despite the unlikeliness. But if you still after some action stuffs, there are some rather gory scenes in the movie on how people kill themselves, which may satisfy your appetite. I mean, if that's the kind of thing you like to see - workers dropping themselves off a building or a man inviting himself to be the lunch to a bunch of hungry tigers.

Finally, if you are a fan of The X-Files, here's a movie poster for you.
The movie is due to be released soon. I shall reserve my thoughts on how the movie would fair and be accepted. But all I can say right now is that I've had enough of aliens already.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Thursday, 10 July, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Happening does explore the possibility despite the unlikeliness.... hmmm.. i like this statement!

 
At Tuesday, 15 July, 2008, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Tq anon... anyway.. I wonder what do the vegetarians have to say about this movie, since it gives plants a bad name :0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home