... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Happy Birthday Ikhwan - Part 2; Multitasking - Part 2 (item 8 newly added)


One Year Baby - Click here for more free videos

Ikhwan reached his one year of age last 1st April 2008. In terms of developments, I can say that he is progressing normally and healthily. Here's a video on him trying to strike a meaningful conversation, while at the same time, practising his 'drum playing' skill.

Some of the things that Ikhwan is able to do now, which he couldn't do 12 months ago (obviously, ahaks):

1. As shown towards the end of the above video, Ikhwan could alternately use his right and left hand to 'play drum'. In the past, Ikhwan couldn't coordinate that well where both hands would come down together. But after seeing much example from me, now he can. After all,
I love banging on the table anyway, as though it were a drum set, using a combination of my fingers, wrist and elbow :-)

2. He really knows how to have fun. What's more, he knows how to get those around him, whether of the same age (like his friends at the sitter's house) or older than him (like us, his parents) to play and have fun with him. Of all the many toys that he has, he loves the stacking toys (yes, he has more than one of those but with different designs), enjoys banging things together (whether his toys or anything else, provided they are safe for him to play with) and looking at his own TV set (it's a toy bought by his Ibu - I'll share more about his toys in a future post).

3. Ikhwan loves playing peek-a-boo and surprisingly, now he's learning to play hide and seek too. There was a day when I was playing with him, I hid myself behind the curtains. Then, as he approached me closer, I peeked my head out (not so abruptly of course - that would have startled him) and he laughed really loud. Now, it seems to me, there are times when he tries to go behind the curtains. Quite a task for our little Ikhwan since the curtains are rather heavy :-)

4. Ikhwan can now stand up and go down with ease, although occasionally, he still wobbles. He can also take his steps and walk sideways while holding on to a rack or a sofa.

5. Sometimes, out of excitement, he'd clap his hands rather vigorously and at the same time, humming a tune.

6. Ikhwan is so talkative and very friendly. His favourite word is 'ohh' and occasionally, we hear him trying to talk one long sentence. They always sound so cute. His friendliness also amaze us. Sometimes, he'd greet a stranger and that person is dumb enough not to look back at our Ikhwan, let alone smiles or greets back at him. In time, I guess we'll have to teach him that being friendly should come with boundaries. Do you folks agree?

7. He crawls very fast and very hard especially during the times when we play 'chase and catch' him. Funnily, sometimes the role is played the other way round. He's the tiger who tries to catch his Ayah or Ibu. Like I said, Ikhwan knows how to have fun. If only you could hear him laugh everytime he tries to crawl away from us. The way he crawls, it's equivalent to an adult stomping his feet. He'd raise each hand so high for every crawl and his knees make thud sounds as they hit the floor. We do get worried in case he hurts his knees but so far, no harm done.

8. I just remembered that Ikhwan knows how to trick too, well at least he did trick me twice, ahak ahak. There was an occasion when I was blocking him from standing up right in front of the t.v. (which was 'on' at that time). He was persistent to the extent that he almost cried. Then, just when I thought he had given up since he turned away and crawled towards our bedroom (his Ibu was in the room and the door was opened), the minute I left my spot, Ikhwan immediately crawled back towards the t.v. My wife realised this too and was surprised by Ikhwan's quick thinking.

A similar incident happened when I was blocking him from (unknowingly) disturbing his Ibu who was cooking in the kitchen. After some time, he looked like he had given up, judging from him crawling towards a magazine that he had flipped through earlier. But the moment I joined next to him (I was also in a crawling position, haha), he immediately left me. Hmmm....if only you could crawl as fast as I did huh, Ikhwan? :-)

What surprised me was not only he actually had the idea to trick me, but the way how quickly he left me the moment I fell for his trick implied that he must be thinking, "Ok, Ayah thought I wanted to read that magazine. There's no time to waste. Let's move...." Hahahahaa...

9. You may have known that my wife took a 5-month maternity leave after giving birth to Ikhwan. Ikhwan was only sent to his sitter's house from his 6th month. There was one evening (after picking him up), while reversing my car to park, I took a glance at Ikhwan who was at that time, minding his own business. Then I spoke to him in a joking manner "Haa, tu tengah buat muka cute la tu.." ("Haa, I bet you are making a cute face"). To my surprise, the second time I looked at him, he was tilting his head, all smiling at me. Well, he DID look reallllllyyy cute, I actually braked the car and started laughing by myself, and the car hadn't actually been parked.

That was the first time this cute behaviour of his started. He'd tilt his head while he's in the car, while eating, when we are singing nursery rhymes to him, while he's playing or while cuddling with us before going to sleep. I think he's probably influenced by us doing the same whenever we play peek-a-boo with him, plus I'd normally tilt my head to the left and right too, everytime I sing to him nursery rhymes.

I relayed before in an earlier post how I've always wanted a chance to record a video on him, tilting his head like that. Recently, my wish came true. Hope you folks enjoy it! Also, as you may realise it, isn't him a multi-tasker: eating while shaking his body like that... hehee..


The Head Tilter - Funny bloopers are a click away

You can read Happy Birthday Ikhwan - Part 1 here.
You can read
Multitasking - Part 1 here.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Friday, 04 April, 2008, Blogger ezra said...

man..your lil munchkin over there look SO CUTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe.......................

alvin boey
www.xanga.com/alvinb

 
At Friday, 04 April, 2008, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Thanx Alvin.. he follows his mother's good look and his daddy's amazing charm.. ahak ahak ahak...

 
At Friday, 04 April, 2008, Blogger pugly said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ikhwan :-) How time flies - felt like he was only born yesterday (yes, a reminder that Auntie pugly is getting older & older LOL!).

 
At Saturday, 05 April, 2008, Blogger viruspadu said...

comelnyaaaaaaaaa

suke sgt tgk

happy belated besday

 
At Monday, 07 April, 2008, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

TQ Auntie Pugly... older and wiser and cuter.. like me? :=))

Viruspadu.. hope u won't spread any germs on me, hahahaha..

Sincerely - Ikhwan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home