... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Fabulous 'cooks'... with mariah 'curry'



Some say this year's American Idol is one of the best, while others say it's the best. Well - I go with the latter; it IS the best ever!!!

Last week saw the Top 7 battling it out on the stage. In my opinion, each of these promising contestants are talented in their own unique ways that none of them should be eliminated. My favourites would be David Cook, David A. and Kristy Lee Cook (no! the 2 Cooks are not siblings).

It was a Mariah Carey week (my wife just lurveees her songs, especially the old ones but feels contempt towards her choice of clothes). That would be tough, considering most of her songs consist of high pitch notes right? I mean, if I were to sing her songs, I would most likely end up sounding like a screaming banshee.

For most of the time, whenever contestants sing songs like these, they would either try so hard to sound like the original artists or they fall horribly flat by comparison. But last week saw the contestants' true potentials as singers (as Simon had put it, the show is about finding singers, not performers - no need to show how well they dance or play musical instruments while singing). Not just that, a few managed to rearrange the songs as though they were new songs, their own songs.

One very outstanding one was David Cook. His choice of song, Always Be My Baby was given 'a breath of fresh air' - it sounded so amazing and he sang it so dang well. Really hope he'd win the coveted title...

In the above video, see how he got all teary after hearing the judges' comments. Here's the lyrics to Always Be My Baby (David Cook's version):

We were as one, babe
For a moment in time
And it seemed everlasting
That you would always be mine
Now you wanna be free...yeah
So I’m letting you fly
‘Cause I know in my heart, babe
Our love will never die...noooooo...

You’ll always be a part of me
I’m part of you indefinitely
Girl don’t you know you can’t escape me
Ooh darling ‘cause you’ll always be my baby
And we’ll linger on
Time can’t erase a feeling this strong
No way you’re ever gonna shake me
Ooooh darling, ‘cause you’ll always be my....my baby.....yeahhh.....



It was rather devastated to see Kristy Lee Cook go at the end of the show last week, huhuhu. I think last 2 weeks was her best week when she sang ANYWAYS.

Life is great, but sometimes life ain't good,
When I pray, doesn't always turn out like I think it should,
But I do it anyway (2x).......

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At Sunday, 20 April, 2008, Blogger ManaL said...

Couldnt agree more on david cook. And that jason castro looks like a handsome girl and he too has a soulful voice esp when he belted that Hallelujah song.

But then again, those losers arent forever losers like michael johns and the lots. If u did recall, jennifer hudson was an american idol loser but her loss was substitued by her winning another coveted award: An oscar for Best supporting actress. Doughtry was another example too and he and his band seemed to be doing rather well and even got invited to do live performance on Oprah.

So, I am not usually that bummed to see who's in and who's out, just like when i did my own almost accurate guesses on AF6 too. These people eventually would get some opportunity later on, if they have some other potential/marketable qualities like it did to Dafi, Leez and many more (I only began to follow AF from the 4th season and the previous 3 seasons I only know the winners more than other contestants).

Oh yes, happy belated bday to Ikhwan too. U have been documenting his life a lot with him being ur 1st yet i hope such enthusiasm wont falter to your 2nd and so on in the future. It does look like most of your breathing life only revolves around ur kid, next ur wife, but whatever makes u happy kan? At least by reading that u do watch and seemed to have picked ur own favourite on american idol does shows that u r still a regular guy albeit a staunch family man.

 
At Tuesday, 22 April, 2008, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Your comments always somehow make me feel like I wanna say thanks to you... Although the last para may not be intended as a compliment for me when you wrote it... but somehow I felt it that way. True, these days, most of my hours outside the working hours, are spent with my kid. Even when wife is out working during the weekends, if I feel like going out with my son, I would do so - and so far, he's been such a good sport.. never causing me any trouble.

Yes, that thought do come to my mind sometimes. When the 2nd, 3rd etc coming (Insha' Allah), would I (unintentionally) cause him or his younger siblings to feel hurt in any way while raising them up, or would my enthusiasm dwindle as the age grows (both mine and the kids'). But what I do know now, I LOVE IKHWAN SO VERY MUCH. Each morning, on weekdays, what I'm really looking forward to is the coming evening, when I can see him again. If only I could skip the office hours and jump straight to the evening. And sometimes, I do feel sad having to leave him at the care of his sitter. Guess I must strive on becoming a self-employed soon, so that I'll only have to send him over to the sitter's place, when there is a need to...

On IDOL, yeah, the likes of Daughtry, Aiken, Hudson and who's that singer who sings Bleeding Love - they still make it despite losing the competition. But for some, their names are never heard or spoken of again. With regard to Kristy Lee Cook, there's always the possibility that I may never see more of her again, I mean on tv lah of course, not in person, altho' if in person, at least once, would be great too! Hahaha..

Manal, if u remember Ayol of 13A, jason castro kind of remind me slightly of him. Other than singing Hallelujah song, he also sang splendidly during week 04/08/2008, when he delivered "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", with that small guitar of his (if it's called a guitar).

Hear and see him at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjh5bEOFW30

 

Post a Comment

<< Home