... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Friday, April 27, 2007

The Weird Sides Of Me...

I had been tagged (twice) by Ryzah and Ija, to write about the 6 weird things about me... The thing is, as I examine myself (in my mind, I mean - no funny ideas ok, hehe...) I found out that I actually have more than 6 weird things that I do (talk about over-eccentric huh?). But then, not wanting to down-grade myself from eccentric to a total wacko/weirdo, I think I should just stick to six, don't you think, and the six weird things involve various of my body parts/organs.

Me Weird No. 1 - Nose

I always find myself pinching my nose. It's not that I want to make it look like David Copperfield's nose or something, but my self-conscious over how my nose looks like was probably started when I read this email many years ago, that nose never stops growing (is this true?). Being an introvert person just makes the habit becomes worse. Sometimes, I pinch so hard, it triggered a sound like how you snap your thumb and middle finger. But now that I have my wife to accompany my time, I have gradually managed to control this habit, and with our son growing up, surely I don't want him to witness this particular weird habit of mine.

Me Weird No. 2 - Mouth

Sometimes this mouth just can't stop humming and singing, and most of the time, I do this when I'm by myself or when I'm sure nobody is listening. While singing, this mouth can also create music and sound effects (remember how I used to imagine having own tv shows while
taking a shower). And when I say music effects, is not that I can do like what Blake (of American Idol 6) and Jamaroqui can. But still, it's fun!

I also tend to talk to myself, for examples, like when I'm looking for something or figuring out what to do (more like thinking out loud kind of thing). Also, when I'm reading, especially if I find it hard to concentrate, I will start to read out loud...

Me Weird No. 3 - Face

Be careful over who's behind you while you are in the elevator........ especially if that person is....... ME! kik kik kik kik..... When I'm at the back side of the elevator and there are other people in front of me, I tend to make funny faces behind them, like rolling my eyes or (slightly) sticking my tongue out, etc. I don't know how I catch this habit, but the idea that they have no idea what I'm doing behind them excites me. Of course, I won't do such a thing if the elevator has mirrors as its walls. I will also probably stop this weird habit if one day, I'm caught in the act.

Me Weird No. 4 - Hands (Wrist, Fingers and Elbows)

When I'm singing to myself, if not 'accompanied' by mouth creating the music effects, I would start banging on the table like drums, using combination of my fingers, wrist and elbow. Not that it's a masterpiece or anything, but the real music would play in my head while I'm doing this. You might also probably see me banging on the hand rail while taking the escalator or on the steering while in the car (real music from car stereo usually triggers this and I'd do so when the car is not moving of course).

I also like to break knuckles especially after a while of typing or behind the wheel. Sometimes, I don't need one hand to break knuckles of the other. I can do so with one hand only (sounds like proud huh?).

Hmmm... one other thing. Talk about elbows - until today, I still rub and slightly pinch my elbows to help me get to sleep or until I fall asleep (while lying on bed or a comfy sofa laa, not while sitting down or talking to somebody hehe...). This (cute?) habit amazes and tickles my wife 'coz sometimes I was so engross with my elbow, I don't realise my wife is looking...:)

Me Weird No. 5 - Mind

I don't know whether it's age or it's habit but I always find myself forgetting things and over-panicky. My wife said menyanyah (a Malay colloquial for err.... half-senile?). Like the other day, after picking my wife up from the hospital the day after Ikhwan was born, it was raining. So, I dropped off my wife, our baby and mother-in-law in the basement parking of our condo before I went parking the car somewhere else. There were so many stuffs in the boot at that time and you know what, I went straight upstairs carrying nothing home. Then when my wife asked for one of her things, I was having a hard time recalling did I bring them up or I placed them somewhere in the house already... Hmmm...

Me Weird No. 6 - Overall self

I'm a safety freak - I would check on the locks and switches of all the rooms in my house at least twice especially if we are leaving the house for a few days. If you try to enter my lane while on the road without giving any signal (despite it's quite apparent that's what you try to do), chances are you'll hear me honking at you, or see me flashing high beam lights at you.

I'm organised and disorganised at the same time. All the necessary things that I need to carry with me everytime I leave the house like keys, handphones, wallet, card holder (with cards in it of course), handkerchief, watch etc. are all placed together. All my (paid) bills and documents are easy to find. I have files for different matters - articles on marriage and raising children; health tips and excercise routines; Islamic articles etc etc. I also bring all the medicine wherever I go. Not that I have a terminal illness or anything like that, but you know the usual ones like paracetamol, Vitamin C, medicine for diarrhoea and alergies etc. Heck! I'm so well prepared, even my wife comes to me at the time in need, hehe...


But the thing is, I can also be disorganised when it comes to 'planning' things to do. Like for example, I come across an interesting book to read, pick it up and buy it. Then a few days later, another book grabs the attention of my eyes (and wallet), despite I have not started on the first book yet. The same goes with buying DVD's or how about that book I write, that has been put on hold for so long now? I guess, I try to accomplish so many in a short period of time huh? This rather disorganised habit may have probably lead to my menyanyah habit?

On my previous
Birthday, I referred myself as a big boy for a reason. People (including my wife) have commented that I (now) look (more) matured and can make adult decisions and opinios. However, there are times when I'm still a big boy and all cheeky. Think Joey of Friends and Hiro of Heroes, then you'll have some ideas.

You've seen my
work-cum-play area before, now here's a glimpse of the inside of my car. On the front windscreen, at the front passenger side, I recently stick up Spider-man on his web (see photo above). When the time comes, my son would enjoy that of course . But at the time when I bought it, I was actually thinking about pleasing my inner child... hehehe...

I don't really want to tag anybody on this topic. Everyone is welcomed to write about their own weird sides of course, whether in the comment section or in your respective blogs (so long as you lemme know about it laa ok!). Meantime, here's parts of the lyrics Unwell by Matchbox 20. Enjoy...

But I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
I know right now you can't tell
But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
I know right now you don't care
But soon enough you're gonna think of me
And how I used to be...me

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At Friday, 27 April, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read a few blogs on the weirdness subject, and I think YOU ARE the winner!!!

 
At Friday, 27 April, 2007, Blogger ManaL said...

Ye la anon...how la openly weird can u be ,abdun...

But it's good actually that u r thickskinned enuf to be able to share them with the readers sensing how sincere u r having revealed all that. But then, it's OK kan to be different? Common, ordinary people can be boring.

Ikhwan R, careful tau, ur papa nih nanti berebut toys dgn u...so better kua shopping dgn ibu jer yea...and oh yes, pesan kat papa, bila nak jemput auntie to your kenduri aqiqah/ cukur rambut nih???

 
At Friday, 27 April, 2007, Blogger Red Mummy said...

akak dah penah buat dah tag ni so i m safe! ahhahahahahahaha


yg buat aku gelak bila baca no 5, menyanyah what s that? ke nyanyuk?

hallooooooooo, anak baru lahir tu dah mula2 lupa ni

 
At Friday, 27 April, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Haah, ordinary people are way TOOO boring and surprisingly they are stuck up, proud and feel superior over their commonness.

Alapak, chances are gunting jambul will be held in Muar, where most families are there. Unless you are willing to come down (and to avoid awkwardness on your side, bring a friend laa), I will let you know. Once we are back in KL, its hard to say if we will organise anything at all, what with wifey's tight work schedules.. unless you just want to drop by laa, we don't mind :0

P/S: Sori, need to answer on behalf of Ikhwan, kih kih kih..

 
At Friday, 27 April, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Anon, so what do I get as a winner? Hehe..

Kak Red, menyanyah tu bahasa wife jer kot... Orang Muar memang ada dialek sendiri, but I never heard of menyanyah before myself. Think it's separuh nyanyuk..

Sebenonya, banyak tahun dah 1/2 nyanyuk ni Kak Red, waayy before Ikhwas was born. Like for example, there was a time when I shook hands with my father in law, I pulak yang sorong tangan suruh dia cium tangan I, instead of the other way round (terconfuse between him and my wife laa nih)... terkejut bapak mentua I, hehee...

 
At Monday, 30 April, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Manal... just to add over your comments to Ikhwan 2 b careful with his papa over toys. Hopefully that never happens la, haha.. but I remember when I brought my nieces to that Cosmo indoor theme park. My wife said, there were times when I look far more excited than those 5-and-2-year-olds. How weird is that..? Hehe..

 
At Wednesday, 02 May, 2007, Blogger Hazyr said...

Pinching your elbow to get to sleep? This is the first time I've heard..

I would have thought pinching will increase the blood ciculation temporarily so I would normally pinch my cheeks or arms to keep awake (while doing assignments la mostly)... but if it actually gives the opposite effect, no wonder I could never stay awake! ;)

 
At Thursday, 03 May, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Errr.... you said you'd only write about your 6 weird things... Tho you divided them into 6 categories, I think you shared like a tonne of your weird sides..

Are u trying to subtle? :o

 
At Friday, 04 May, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Ryzah, I guess it depends on how hard or slow u pinch your elbow/cheeks/arms. If it's hard enough that you start to feel pain, of course you'd be wide awake 8-)

Also, I think since I have been conditioned that rubbing/pinching my elbows would help me get to sleep, dats why it's work... I think describing it in Malay sounds more appropriate - menggentel siku, hehehee...

MJ, yes... I'm trying to be subtle. Good that u get the idea :0

 
At Tuesday, 08 May, 2007, Blogger Mel Ija said...

How wierd is that.. Hmmm.. and just think, all the wierdness come from parts of your body..!!

Wierd... :0

 
At Thursday, 10 May, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Thanx for the compliments Ija :p :0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home