... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Friday, December 01, 2006

Before and After



The above 3 photos show the 'conditions' (sounds like a terrible thing, huh? hehe) of my house, or rather our house (me and wife laa) the first few months after I moved in. You see, I moved in a couple of months before I got married, and my wife only transferred to KL five months after we tied the knot.

Looking at these photos, I can't believe that I have subjected myself to such an uncomfortable state of living. With no furniture whatsoever other than the racks for TV and some reading materials; I eat, watch TV and sometimes, even sleep on the floor.

Meantime, the third photo shows how I was in the process of painting the master bedroom.



When there is a 'before', there's always an 'after' right? We bought our stuffs bit by bit and started decorating the house little by little.... and... wallaaa.... the main hall is painted mainly orangy (?) with the exception of the main wall.

Here is the space leading to the exit door. Going to the left, leads to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th bedrooms, kitchen and yard.

I just love the cabinet, the decoration lamp, the S-shaped mirrors and the vase of flowers on the next rack. They just mix well together. I remember how excited my wife was to see the effect that the lamp creates on the mirros.

In this small section in front of the master bedroom, I decided to put the rack (it used to house my separate hi fi system) together with other decorations that we got here and abroad. By the way, the vase was a wedding gift from my wife's friend.

Here is my work-cum-play station in the second bedroom. The big boy still loves his toys which include action figures of Spiderman, Superman, X-Men, Batman, King Kong, Shrek, Scrat (Ice Age), Marge (of The Simpsons), the one ring to rule all rings (LOTR) and some Hot Wheels cars and a Harley Davidson motorcycle.

On the wall are some nice small posters to complement the area.

Here's a close up view of my toys... Hehehehe.....

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At Friday, 01 December, 2006, Blogger pugly said...

*LOL!* Boys will be boys! Just like my 33-year-old brother.

 
At Friday, 01 December, 2006, Blogger ManaL said...

Have u seen too many casa impian or too little? Or prolly influences from "extreme house makeovers" shows? unless it is properly lit, orange/bright coloured walls might literally shrink the room. But if it is done section by section of if u have two sets of halls in the same floor, bright colours do give a contrasting impact and can actually project a cheerful feelings.

All in all, it doesnt look that bad really. Kinda suits the metro-young-ish 30, flirty and thriving (ref:13 going 30) ambience.

So when am i gonna get a "proper" invitation to view this casa of yours?

 
At Friday, 01 December, 2006, Blogger ManaL said...

typo error..."section by section or if"

 
At Sunday, 03 December, 2006, Blogger Red Mummy said...

kwang kwang kwangggg

sama2 lah kita menggodek Vista Amani tu yeah


akak nye umah pun still lom abih deco yet.

 
At Monday, 04 December, 2006, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Pugly.. haha, what can I say.. sometimes, I even laugh harder when I see cartoons with funny moments or eyes glued to the screen when watching action-packed cartoons..

Manal - neither with regard to Casa Impian. I have never seen, not even one full episode of the show. But I did look/flip through some interior designs magazines. The hall is properly lit and since a section of the wall is still in white colour, so u wont really fell shrunk (I hope). So, here's a "proper" invitation, do drop by anytime of the year laa, just gimme a ring... I said so in one blog entry already.. hehee

 
At Monday, 04 December, 2006, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Kak Red, when u said menggodek Vista Amani, u meant drilling the walls kan..? Hehe, takpalah, klu tak drill, tak dapek plak gantong gambo2x or frame yg cantik2x tu kan? Klu guna hook yg lekat pakai sticker tuh, bukan bole tahan lama pun, silap2x bila hook tu tertanggal, lagi selekeh plak wall kita nanti coz ada bekas sticker...

 
At Monday, 04 December, 2006, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Manal, thanx for the compliment. Actually, I went to a few houses in this condo last Raya, where the interior designs and some renovations have made the houses look far better than my own. But, I still take pride with the efforts that me and wife have contributed in making the house feels comfy for us to live in.

> All in all, it doesnt look that bad really. Kinda suits the metro-young-ish 30, flirty and thriving (ref:13 going 30) ambience.

 
At Tuesday, 05 December, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been staying at my place for two years and yet, nothing has changed. Sure more furniture compared to before, but the walls are still bare, no flowers or decorative items, and the walls are still white. Man... I have to really do something about this.

 
At Tuesday, 05 December, 2006, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Hi Ija, how's pregnancy goin' on so far? Hope u feel better and it's going great.. Anyway, do u need my help in designing the interior of your home? The applicable charges are very reasonable :)

 
At Tuesday, 05 December, 2006, Blogger Babyfacekiller said...

tu baru mainan bapaknya... belum lagi mainan anaknya... :D

 
At Wednesday, 06 December, 2006, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Hahaha, silap2x nanti, the father can play the kid's toys but the kid cannot play the father's toys... Hehe, terbalik pulak kan!

 
At Wednesday, 06 December, 2006, Blogger Mel Ija said...

Pregnancy getting along much better. I haven't been vomitting anymore, which is good. And though my appetite still need a little coaxing, I'm eating. So, not too bad. Much better these days.

As for your offer for the interior decorating... hhmmm.. gotta sleep on it. Will definitely hire you if you'll do it for FREE... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home