... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The Good 'Older' Days.... huhu...

I was pm off from work last Friday, 09 March 2007, to pick up my brother in law from his reputable boarding school, due to the coming school holidays (which is this whole week).

While I was waiting for him to come down from his dormitory, a student came to me.

He said, "Assalamualaikum pakcik....." Pakcik? Hmmm.... in our culture, pakcik is the kind of name you address to men who are 40 years and older. Pretending to keep cool, I then replied, "Waalaikumussalam...." wondering at the same time, how come the kid looked eager when he approached me.

"Pakcik ni, bapak pada Amir (not real name) ya?", which meant "Are you Amir's father?"

Gasp! I almost fainted upon hearing that. Was I old enough to be a father to a 16-year-old? So when did I get married then, when I was 15?

Forcing myself to grin, I replied nicely telling him my relationship with Amir. After all, the kid was a friend to Amir and he did ask me in a nice way anyway.

Talk about growing old. I guess being married may one way or another have that effect on you huh? Not that it's a bad thing, just that I hope age doesn't catch up with me sooner than I thought.

Just the other day, my wife's work finished at 8 pm, while I at 5.30 pm as usual. With not much else to do in the office, I found out there were three movie screenings after 5.30, and with each movie's running time of about one and a half hours, they should end by 7.30; giving me plenty of time for a Maghrib prayer, grabbed some take-away dinner and drove to wife's work place.

However, instead of deciding which one of the three movies should I catch, I ended up with zero. The reason? I felt too lazy to rush off to the cinema, despite I would still need to go to the same building eventually, since there was where I parked my car.

Hmmmmm.... in the past, I wouldn't mind to punch out in time, walk quickly to the pedestrian bridge (the shopping complex where the cinema is in, is across the road) and be among the first in line to enter the cinema, just so that I could enjoy some trailers before the movie started. But now...... I am too lazy and tired to walk? I AM kind of old(er) huh?

The other thing/change about me that I notice lately is how I like to babble, nag and 'pot pet, pot pet'. Heck! even my mum couldn't escape from being corrected by me, hehe.

Gulp, now where did I catch this habit from, I wonder. My parents don't nag. My late grandma, though she nagged a little bit, only on matters that were of concerned to her, and her occasional nagging never really bothered me.

So, why do I nag? I think the stress (sometimes) of driving on the streets of Malaysia is the large contributory factor. Ever since I become a 'full-time' driver not too long ago and with all these inconsiderate Malaysian drivers among us, my mouth just can't stop babbling and cursing (less now on the latter.... there's a baby coming).

There was one day, my wife was hand-feeding me with some chips while I was driving. When I started to babble at one point, she immediately stuffed some chips into my mouth and said, "Makan ni, kasi senyap sikit...", meaning "Eat this, that should keep you quiet..." Hahahaha.... luckily I didn't choke laughing.

Hopefully, when we have children, the nagging role can be transferred to my wife laaa :o, while all I have to do, is to give this fierce look and short, but strict warnings to discipline them (among other civilised methods, of course).

Sigh... who am I to predict how me and wife would perform as parents, and sigh (again)...., I am getting old, aren't I? Huhu...

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, 14 March, 2007, Blogger ManaL said...

It's either: 1) many bapak look younger these days, 2) u waited in berkerut2 face, 3) that boy may have felt that calling u abang who's about the same age as his teacher is rather intolerable. For them, even those 1- 5 years older kena panggil abang. Since u r ehhemmmm.... older by 15 yrs old, such age gap rendered a pakcik title la. Actually he cud at least call u encik instead. Poor provincial lad.

Membebel!!!! better than shouting at each other relatively speaking. Sah laaa ageing process! Abdun, this whole dad to be thing has taken its toll on u huh....

 
At Wednesday, 14 March, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Haha, your witty and funny comments made me laugh laa...

 
At Thursday, 15 March, 2007, Blogger Mel Ija said...

Pakcik..?? You actually got called Pakcik..?? Hehehehehe... sorry, didn't mean to laugh there but how could this boy address you as Pakcik? Some things just continue to amaze me. Luckily NO ONE at that age has called me Makcik.. :)

Nagging is a normal thing especially living in stressed conditions like today. So don't worry. I nag too..

 
At Thursday, 15 March, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Hi Ija,

there was a time I saw a couple of kids doing some school donations nearby this LRT station. I already had some money ready to give it to them. But the minute they approached and called me Pakcik, I changed my mind. Not only I gave them less than initially planned, I also asked them to divide the money among themselves.

Hehe, brutal tak Pakcik ni?

 
At Thursday, 15 March, 2007, Blogger Red Mummy said...

pakcik

come i tell u one story eh one tips...

u look at me, older than you, 2 kids, but still budak baya amir tu masih lagi nak mengorat akak..

matiklahhhhhhhhhhhhhh sakit ati kau

anw, cuba dr spek tuko pakai lens, or commercialkan spek tu mbe pasni..

'abang ni, kawan amir ke?'

ha sedap sket bunyiknya..

eh..chow lu lah, kang kene seligi lak..

hik hik

 
At Thursday, 15 March, 2007, Blogger Mr Incognito said...

Pakcik, I think I'm older than you but thanks for making me feel young anyway.

(P.S. Boleh adjust kaler tak? Blue on red = sakit mata)

 
At Friday, 16 March, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Eleh Kak Red tu,

entah2x budak baya Amir tu bukannya nak ngorat pun, dia cuma nak kikis duit Kak Red je tuh.. hehehe..

A few people told me I look better (ehem ehem, nak perasan sikit) with specs than not.

So, rasanya I cari spek yg funky sikit la kot, like sebelah frame kaler biru, sebelah lagi kaler merah, pas tu ada spring terkeluar dari lens..ahak ahak..

 
At Friday, 16 March, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Mr Incognito,

thanx for visiting... nice signature (the face).

Glad I made you feel younger ;p

About the kaler, nantilah I experiment lagi. Kekadang, kaler dalam table nampak lain plak than bila dah upload ke blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home