... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Lonely & Abandoned 'Roads'

Last week, Tuesday 27 February 2007, my wife was admitted to the Hospital UKM, to monitor the baby's heart rate. Alhamdulillah, both wife and baby were fine and she only had to stay at the hospital for a night.

The next morning (Wednesday), I was rummaging through my wife's stuffs as she told me she had forgotten to bring her medical card. She had asked me to pass her the card, before I headed off to work. The card was for the doctors to review her previous check-ups.

However, I couldn't find it anywhere. Thankfully, being a doctor she is, she could still remember the data in the card and therefore, she would just relay that information verbally to her doctors.

I only realised I was already late for work after I started my car. Usually, at times like these, I would still keep my cool despite running late. I don't believe in rushing so much to the extent of endangering own and other people's life (if driving recklessly) or cursing other people (if the person in front is walking so slowly). I believe that the best way to do is try to make up the time already lost and try to reach whichever destination at the best time possible.

When I arrived at this one intersection (it was nearby the hospital where my wife was admitted), the traffic from the right was not that busy. There was another driver in front of me, driving a car of the same make and model. Both of us were waiting for the traffic to be cleared, before we could turn and take the right lanes.

I saw a last car had just passed us by and there was not a single vehicle behind it. At that time, my attention was only to the right when I released the brake and started pressing slightly on the gas pedal. That was then when I turned my face around to look to the front again. Unfortunately, it was a bit too late...

'Gedebush' - ugh, I hated that sound. That wasn't the sound of a papaya which had fallen off from its branch or a someone who had been punched by an opponent, a Tamil movie style.

If only I had known the car in front of me hadn't moved an inch, I wouldn't have released the brake yet (but later, the car did move a little bit due to the slight impact that my car exerted on hers... sigh).

The first thoughts that came to my mind were, 'what the heck was she waiting for and why was she still not yet moving? She was still looking to the right?????? Was she afraid that some kind of an invisible car might just suddenly appear or something??'

Despite all those questions that came to me, I knew traffic rule would still say I was at fault, coz I banged her from behind. I stepped out to look at the kind of damages I had caused to both our cars. Nothing on mine but some slight damages to her bumper and bonnet.

The whole situation gave me a deja vu feeling all of a sudden. This was the second accident I had while driving by myself (alhamdulillah, both are minor). The first one was when I was on my way back hometown for my wedding. I could still remember how shaken both my parents and my wife (at that time, still a fiance) were when I relayed the news over the phone.

So, what part is the deja vu? Well, both accidents occurred when the traffic was at its peak. Despite many people were around at that time, they all just left/ignore us and let us sort things out ourselves. None of them actually bothered to help, other than to peek from their windows and looked away; more like telling themselves 'why bother, just a dent'. To tell you the truth, I felt kind of lonely and abandoned at those times. I don't know why, I just felt it that way (on both occasions). Not that I expected everyone to gather around and asked me how I was doing or something. Now that would be an unnecessary chaos! Hmm....

And God forbid, I wasn't hoping for a much serious accident either. In fact I am so thankful both accidents only affected properties (which could be replaced and repaired), with no injuries whatsoever to anybody.

Ya Allah! May You spare me and those I love and care about in this world, from any kind of untoward incidents or accidents. Aaaameeeennn....

P/S: The first one I had was during a crawl at the Highway, near Seremban exit. I was hit from behind, and quite a bad one. And the other car (believe it or not, it belonged to an Ah Long) was worse. It was badly smashed and couldn't move anymore. Luckily, we acted like civilised people (and he never offered me any loans either, hehe) and we agreed on me claiming from his insurance. In fact, the first things he asked me to do were to write down his car plate no., his I/C no. and his phone no. He sort of admitted his fault, for accidentally pressing the gas pedal so hard during a crawl...

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, 08 March, 2007, Blogger Red Mummy said...

well

luckily nothing happend to you?

wife nanti deliver kat hukm ke?

 
At Thursday, 08 March, 2007, Blogger ManaL said...

Is it that u have crashed into somebody's car twice now?

I had mine being hit by a KL cab last dec. I managed to make a 3rd party claim but all the process of settling it before the car got fixed at its own toyota franchised service centre was rather exhausting. But whadaheck, it's msia innit? most of us wud either get hit or we hit them or got our car smashed at something when we r drunk or very sleepy.

So hows the wife doing? in the labour i see....hopefully everything will be fine both the dad, mum and the baby.

 
At Friday, 09 March, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Kak Red, nothing happened to me or the other driver.

Ha'ah, wife plan nak deliver kat HUKM.

 
At Friday, 09 March, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Manal, the first time was during a crawl at the Highway, near Seremban exit. I was hit from behind, and a bad one. The whole bumper sort of 'tercabut'.

And the other car (believe it or not, it belonged to an Ah Long) was worse. It was badly smashed and couldn't move anymore. Luckily, we acted like civilised people (and he didn't offer me any loans, hehe) and agreed on me claiming from his insurance.

I totally agree with you, the hassle of getting the car fixed, including dealing with workshop and insurance company is the 'aftermath' that we don't look forward to.

Wife still not yet in labour, but she already feels the signs coming. In fact she's still working till next Wednesday.

Thanx for praying for us. Insha' Allah, I will pray for all the friends too.

 
At Friday, 09 March, 2007, Blogger Mel Ija said...

Such thing nearly happened to me. But I always managed to break JUST IN TIME causing my car to skid a little. But I was terkejut and that left my blood pressure increasing extremely high that I felt my blood veins were about to burst. Not a very good feeling.

 
At Monday, 12 March, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Hi Ija, I think most probably, we all had encountered such experiences before while on the roads. As for own my experience, there was a loud screeching before the car hit me from behind. The impact was quite powerful - the cd player stopped playing due to the skidding of the CD, and one wedding present was thrown to the front, to the hand brake part. Luckily, nobody was on the behind seats at that time.

Anyway, me too had a few close call experiences of almost hitting somebody, when the traffic suddenly slowed down or stopped completely.

 
At Monday, 12 March, 2007, Blogger Babyfacekiller said...

hati2 di jalan raya.. i pun dah tesondol belakang polis sekali... kes macam u la lebih kurang.. hehe

 
At Monday, 12 March, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

tesondol belakang polis? hehe, wife one did that (happened before met me)... luckily, both of them nice nice kat dia :o

 

Post a Comment

<< Home