... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

The 'sick' year? (updated today...)

I got a call from my dad last couple of days, saying that my mother was vomiting for 7 times the night before and didn't sleep the whole night. The call came as quite a shock to me. First of all, because just like babies, older people tend to dehydrate quickly from diarrhoea or vomiting and this could lead to more serious complications. So, the news got me worried and I'm still worried. After all, she has reached the stage where a simple headache is enough to get me all uptight.

It seems that a few people I know fall (drastically) ill this year, even for a short period of time.

For example, I suffered a number of very bad migraine episodes this year and a few other aches here and there, which I would rather not to elaborate.

Then, Tok Zal
passed away last Ramadhan after two weeks being admitted into the hospital.

Ikhwan's babysitter
(Kak Ana) was also admitted into the hospital recently due to diabetic complication and infection to her kidney and lungs. Seeing her lying there unconscious on the hospital bed, with all those tubes and monitor screens really gave me an uncomfortable feeling and reminded me of Tok Zal when she was in the hospital. Kak Ana was already discharged. Whether or not she can resume taking care of babies (which includes Ikhwan) after this, is a different matter. What important now is for her to fully recover soon, Insha' Allah.

Then, there were 3 other people I know of, who had dengue fever (on separate occasions)....

... and only yesterday, I had a tooth extracted. It was the most painful toothache ever. I had to take 7 pain killer pills within an hour the night before, just so that the pain subsided, although of course I was scolded by my wife when she found that out, because overdosage of pain killers can have its adverse side effects. Funny though, the pain is still quite unbearable to this day...huhuhu....

"And when I am ill, it is He Who cures me;"
Al-Shuara (Surah 26, verse 80)

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Monday, 01 December, 2008, Blogger Cosmic_GurL said...

Oh dear..i hope yr mom feels better...

 
At Thursday, 04 December, 2008, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Thursday, 04 December, 2008, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

CG,

Alhamdulillah, she's fine now.

But I on the other hand, after pulling the tooth out have been suffereing tremendous pains... Yes, tremendous because I think the pains I'm having now are somewhat worse than when having my tooth ache.

Apparently the wound from having the tooth pulled out got 'bentan'. I can't hardly eat anything nowadays that my wife thinks I'm starting to lose weight. And when the pains strike, can't hardly do anything other than bearing with the pain...sometimes feel like killing somebody.

Of course, I made a second trip back to the dentist and have been taking medication. But should this not heal by next week, I may have to resort to a minor surgery, which I hope will not come to that of course!! :(((

 
At Thursday, 12 March, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sallams do u know anyone doing cupping in malaysia - Al hijma

thank you
Dr.M.Ravalia
www.zhijama.co.uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home