... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Friday, September 26, 2008

...she has departed...

There was a call at 3 o'clock last Wednesday morning the 24th (which was also the 24th of Ramadhan). Usually, I wouldn't be easily awaken by the ringing phones, but that morning, I could hear my wife's conversation.

The thing that we feared the most, had happened. A close relative, who had been hospitalised for the past 2 weeks had passed away.

Just about three weeks ago, she came to our house (she and her husband followed my father in law who wanted to pick up my mother in law after attending to Ikhwan). Who would have thought that would be the last time I met her, who was still all healthy and well at that time. Indeed, Allah had it planned for her (and for us). She got to see for one last time, how her niece and nephew had settled down (the first time she came over, it was pretty much vacant with no proper furniture). Too bad wife was working that day to see her.

I owed her for suggesting to my dad to introduce me to the woman who is now my wife.

She was a nice, kind-hearted and generous person. I'm not just saying it - that's the truth.

She was a good cook too. Her husband would always prefer eating in, than out, so that he could saviour her delicious meals every time.

Whenever we visited her, her hospitality was 1st class and top notch! There was always something in her kitchen, waiting to be cooked and served to her guests. Not just drinks and biscuits mind you. Sometimes, it was like there was a feast...., and it was not even meal times. Even in the case of regular visits from my parents (yes, they were close), or if we saw her at her mother's house (instead of her own), she would still show the same generous hospitality to us (in fact, to anybody).

Despite feeling sad with her departure, I haven't shed a tear. To be honest, I could feel that the sadness is brewing inside me. Usually, in cases like this where I felt like crying but couldn't, it'd be just a matter of time before something pokes me, which would then ignite me to break down!

Yes, her death was devastating and rather untimely due to coming Aidilfitri. Allah loves her more to take her during this holy Ramadhan, and this year's (and future) Ramadhan and Aidilfitri will not be the same.

"Tok Zal (how I used to call her) / Mak Pot (how my wife used to call her) - YOU WILL BE SORELY MISSED! May you be blessed by the Rahmatullah, Insha' Allah...."

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Saturday, 27 September, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heartfelt condolences to you, her husband and all your families..

 
At Monday, 06 October, 2008, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Tq anon,

your condolence is very much appreciated..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home