... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Friday, June 01, 2007

What a wonderful feeling...

It's been more than 2 weeks since my wife and Ikhwan came back to KL. We have been living under the same roof as one (still) small happy family. His senses are developing - he laughs, he smiles, he coos and he kicks with pleasure. He even talks (the baby way) whenever we are next to him - talking to him or singing him nursery rhymes and lullabies. Ikhwan is very much tuning in to us now, looking at us so intently that his eyebrows frown. It's a really gratifying experience for me and my wife!

In his early weeks, when he was still in Muar, whenever I saw him, I always called out his name while moving my head from side to side, hoping that he would be able to track my voice. Although I knew he was still such a young toddler, as expected, he showed very little response to that.

I read that by now, Ikhwan should be able to focus on objects that are 20 cm or 7 or 8 inches away from him. It reminded me of that night (in KL), when I was alone with Ikhwan in the room while my wife was in the kitchen. At one point, I had to leave the room for a while. I told him to stay put (hehe...) before climbing down the bed. Then I noticed that Ikhwan's eyes were still gazing upon me, following the direction where I was going, to the extent that he raised his head just to look up as I reached the bedroom door (the top of his head was facing the door). OH MY GOD! I realised that not only his hearing was developing, his visions too and that, almost brought tears to my eyes.

His neck muscles are also getting stronger, which allows him to turn his head from side to side and hold it up every now and then, especially while he was lying on his stomach (like in the photo).
To me, baby's smell is the most amazing and nicest natural smell. His smell is on our clothes, on his clothes, on his pillows and on the bedsheets. The smell is soooo refreshing, unlike any other smell around. Even the best perfumes sold at the counter can't beat that! That's it! I'm sticking my diet to just milk from now on.... :-)
Ikwan weighed 2.75 kg when he was born and had gained to 3.95 kg a couple of weeks ago. Judging from the increased frequencies of his feeding times nowadays and the amount of milk he quenches, I believe he probably weighs more than 4.5 kg now. Alhamdulillah, he's growing up all healthy and fine...

As his age reaches two months this 1st of June, I read that some babies this age can be awake for up to 10 hours a day. No wonder it's hard to put him to sleep these days and as a result, we have been losing our (beauty) sleep as well, haha... It's always a full circle with Ikhwan - let's say it starts off with trying to put him to sleep (which sometimes failed); two hours later it's time for his another round of milk feeding; then he's a sleepy head already but we have to make sure that he burps (and this would sometimes ignite his tantrums since well, anyone would feel annoyed if their process of going to sleep is being disturbed right?); now that he's back to being fully awake, we might as well play and talk with him and/or check his diapers; occasionally he'd also vomit whether or not he has burped and this would ignite his tantrums too; minutes later, he's looking all restless which means he's telling us 'tuck me to bed please...'; then back to trying to put him to sleep (which sometimes failed)... hahaha....
It's tiring of course and with his weight now, our hands are like doing some weight lifting exercises :-). But all that is fine by us and we are enjoying every minute of taking care of Ikhwan Rasydan.
We are still contemplating on who should take care of Ikhwan after my wife resumes working. And the good news is, we don't have to decide that very soon, 'coz my wife's application for a 3-month unpaid leaves has been approved and she would enjoy her 'maternity' leaves till this end of August.

Last Sunday, 27 May 2007 was Ikhwan's first time outing with his parents. He was such a good boy, enjoying his time in his stroller and his surroundings whenever we took him out. Both me and wife have always enjoyed our 'jalan-jalan', so it's no surprise that Ikhwan would enjoy his future outings with us as much as we would with him, Insha' Allah.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, 01 June, 2007, Blogger Hazyr said...

I think Ikhwan is a thinker like his dad... you can see it from his face (and frowns) already!

hehehe..

 
At Friday, 01 June, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

hahahaha... u know what, I had that thought to...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home