... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Favourite song 1 - Do Re Mi

The Sound of Music (TSOM) is one of those classic (musical) movies that most people would still enjoy even after repeat viewings. What with the catchy tunes, impressive sceneries (the movie was shot in Salzburg, Austria - read about my brief journey to the magnificent place here) and interesting storyline (there is a trailer remix made by a fan here - though pretty nicely done, you might be put off thinking that it's a war movie, especially if you have no idea what the movie is about).

One of the things that I really enjoy about the movie, as I already listed earlier, is the songs, and from what I understand, to this day, some of the songs are being taught at some schools overseas.

If that is so, then how come they are not considered as nursery rhymes? I mean, I've been collecting English and Malay nursery rhymes for my son (and for other future children of course) - from buying CD's and books to outsourcing from the internet. However, for some reason, the songs from TSOM were never listed as one of those English nursery rhymes. I mean, why not, considering that songs like Do Re Mi, My Favourite Things, Edelweiss and So Long, Farewell are very suitable for children, with rhythmic melodies and easy-to-remember lyrics.

I've been singing these songs to Ikhwan, especially when he's in such a jolly mood or when I try to cheer him up. It seems that he's very much enjoying himself, laughing and trying to communicate with me everytime I sing to him Do Re Mi and Edelweiss (I just hope he didn't actually try to say 'there's some pitchy problems laa, papa' - hahaha).

If you would like to listen to the song, here's the
clip taken from the movie, while the lyrics goes like this:

Doe, a deer, a female deer.

Ray, a drop of golden sun.
Me, a name I call myself.
Far, a long, long way to run.
Sew, a needle pulling thread.
La, a note to follow sew.
Tea, a drink with jam and bread!
That will bring us back to do oh-oh-oh!

..... AND if you would like to hire me to entertain your children with lively and entertaining songs/performances, I'm also open for bookings. Reasonable charges apply... Hahahahaha...

P/S: Somebody commented that the deer in the above drawing doesn't look like a deer. Oh deer... :-)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 27 May, 2007, Blogger Hazyr said...

The other songs may be abit too 'complicated' for toddlers to grasp and remember so maybe that's the reason why they're not in the usual nursery rhymes albums...but Do Re Mi should be in right? It's simple and catchy...and I can still remember learning it at kindergarten but that was decades ago la! hehe..

 
At Tuesday, 29 May, 2007, Blogger Red Mummy said...

i know this song!!!

ops...i m a mom, of cos i do remember it.

satu lg jgn lupa..

do re mi 3 org sahabat...

 
At Tuesday, 29 May, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Hi Ryzah, I agree that some of the songs in the movie are more suitable for adults or teens like the theme song itself or how about 'Sixteen Going On Seventeen'..

However, make no mistake that some nursery rhymes out there are not that easy to grasp and remember either, whether for toddlers or young kids, hehee..

 
At Tuesday, 29 May, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Kak Red, beri lah lirik lagu do re mi 3 org sahabat tuh...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home