... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Friday, November 02, 2007

Ibu...

When your life revolves around your (first) baby, it's hard to blog about other things (despite wanting to do so) especially you get to witness all his/her developments happening before your very eyes.

After 8 days of taking a break for Hari Raya, me and wife were back at work on 18/19 October. It was a long working week for my wife, as she had to work the whole of that coming weekend and the following week. As for me, it was another quality weekend spent with my baby.

Other than having my wife off to work on both Saturday and Sunday, Ikhwan was down with fever and to make it worse, so was I. Imagine taking care of a sick baby when you yourself was sick…. Quite a challenge if you ask me.

Since he was born, Ikhwan had never fallen sick other than having some mild fever due to him getting his jabs. Even when I had two episodes of very bad fever with coughs and colds, Alhamdulillah, it didn’t spread to both my wife and kid.

But this time around, just before Raya, Ikhwan started to develop fever on and off (he didn’t catch it from me or his mother) and it went on until after the holidays. His breathing sounded rather coarse and heavy due to his blocked nose. He was also easily awaken from his sleeps due to coughs.

While driving back to KL from hometown, I did feel slightly under the weather and my health got worse that weekend. Not sure though, whether I caught the bug from Ikhwan or due to tiredness with all the driving or probably I ate too much grease and oil during Raya, haha... Guess, Ikhwan’s father’s immunity is much more frail huh, compared to Ikhwan himself…. Hmmm….

Putting all those bugs and (wife’s) emergency cases aside, it was still a special weekend for all of us. For a start, I could feel the father-and-son bonding between me and my baby growing so much stronger and closer. Ikhwan also had ‘grown’ and ‘developed’ tremendously after that weekend. Oh yes, speaking of growing, he already have two teeth, both at the lower gum.

A special night also happened that weekend. As usual, it had been a tiring day for all of us. Although it was still quite early, my wife had already fallen asleep on the couch while watching t.v., while I too was asleep after putting Ikhwan to bed (not sure who slept first though, haha). Since Ikhwan was still feverish, he slept next to me.

Then he woke up. The noises that he made had awaken me too. The distinct noises that came from his mouth were in the forms of “bu……bu…..” He uttered this like a dozen times, before finally he said it “Ibu…….” for four times (Ibu is a common name among the Malays for mother. The other is Mak. I call my mother Mak).

Excited, I immediately got up and called my wife. Staggering, my wife entered the room and lied down next to Ikhwan. Ikhwan continued saying “bu……bu…..” again to the extent that my wife thought I could have imagined it. Just as she was about to resume her sleep, Ikhwan said it again, loud and clear, “I..BU…….” My wife was very delighted upon hearing that and I was also happy knowing that I wasn’t imagining it, hehe…

Before Ikhwan was born, I joked with my wife that I would call myself Papa and Ayah alternately and let him decide which one would he like. After he was born, I always taught him to call me Papa and hardly used Ayah.

A few months ago, Ikhwan uttered “Papa” on two separate days but we both agreed he could have said it randomly, without having meant to what he said. But lately, Ikhwan had been calling me Ayah. I guess it’s going to be Ayah then considering that's what he picked up, hahaa….

Nowadays, we often hear Ikhwan says “Ibu” and “Ayah”. He knows the difference between the two, and he means what he says.

P/S: Ikhwan had also been trying to follow me reciting/singing “Lailahaillallah, Nabi Muhammad Ya Rasulullah” and if you were to listen to him closely, you’d agree that he’s getting it…..:-)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At Friday, 02 November, 2007, Blogger ManaL said...

He's 7 months old kan, more or less?

What else can he do? meniarap ke depan, merangkak?

When babies do something like uttering new word or making new movement or mess or so on, it's always considered very cute, but when an adult eating messily, he is considered like a pig. So, enjoy being a father to a tot while u can because they grew up very fast!

 
At Friday, 02 November, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that basically you update your blog once a week, although there's no real pattern on which day...

But still, I visit your blog once a while within a week period, hoping to be the first to read your latest entry.

I notice that lately you always tally your latest blog entry with that quotation of yours, of which the latter appears first.

Nice... I like it whenever there's a new quotation that you make up, thus giving me the chance to mentally guess what topic would u come out next! :-)

 
At Monday, 05 November, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Things that babies do are always cute what.... that's normal. After all, who can resist those cute faces anyway...

I know my tot is growing up real fast, he's already showing a different kind of tantrum already...

But then, let's worry that when that happens.. Hopefully, not much to worry about after all..

Woit, why use the word p** la, hahaa.. There's always a baby in all of us, which occasionally come out in our behaviours. But eating messily all the time has nothing to do with that. It's about manners loh... and up to the parents to mould that from the start...

 
At Monday, 05 November, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Anonymous... good guess on me tallying my latest write-up with my quotate of the day... :-)

Thanx for showing your interest..

 
At Monday, 05 November, 2007, Blogger zewt said...

i am sure that 'papa' is the sweetest word you have ever heard in your life right?

hey... u take care of your health too ok!

 
At Tuesday, 06 November, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Zewt,

oh, yes... when I heard it the first time, I felt like jumping up and down inside the car.

Sure, Insha' Allah, I'll take care of my health. The same goes to you too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home