... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Papaa...

Last Sunday night, 17th of June 2007, I was driving back to KL from Muar with my wife and baby Ikhwan in the back seat. The jam was pretty heavy due to some constructions on the highway. Once we cleared that, we decided to stop at one of the resting areas to pray and grab some foods.

After performing my prayer, I sat at the back accompanying Ikhwan who had just gotten up after sleeping for only a few minutes, while my wife went to fulfill her duty to God. Despite feeling tired (he must had been), Ikhwan was amazingly cheerful, as though enjoying his car trip very much. I was making him milk, when at that moment, he said..... "Papa..."

Oh My God! At first I was like... wait, did you just say Papa, but then I knew I wasn't mistaken. His voice was loud and clear enough! I was soooooooo excited that if only the car was a convertible, I would have jumped up and down in the car and screamed and shouted for others to hear my excitement.

Sigh... If only my wife was around to be the (ear) witness... And you know what, Ikhwan said Papa once again the following Monday, and without my wife's presence...again!

I may not be able to show the video of him saying Papa just yet, but here's a first video of Ikhwan, engaging in a very insightful conversation with my mum. You can click here or the You Tube link below. Enjoy it folks... :-)

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Wednesday, 20 June, 2007, Blogger ManaL said...

Eh why i dengar background iklan merdeka petronas about that southern india lad and his dad?

 
At Saturday, 23 June, 2007, Blogger Graham Ettridge said...

Great idea to show some video clip...and oh my goodness, he has said "papa" - you must be overcome with emotion on such a momentous day. This will be one moment you will never forget. It will not be long before you will be having proper "father and son" conversations. Keep up the great work and give Ikhwan my best wishes.

 
At Monday, 25 June, 2007, Blogger Red Mummy said...

tu diahhhh

dah pandai panggil papa dah!

ikhwan nya muka cam ko kan abdun? i mean ikut yr iras?

 
At Thursday, 28 June, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Gasp! Manal, u almost had me believe that you DID hear background music ;p

Getty72... sent your regards to Ikhwan already :-0 and really looking forward to be Ikhwan's father-cum-buddies where he can always come to me about anything...

 
At Thursday, 28 June, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Hmmm... some said ikut Mak dia, others said ikut I, including u Kak Red... Either way, he's sooo soo cute kan Kak Red.

So, bila Auntie Red Ikhwan ni nak datang visit nih?

 
At Saturday, 30 June, 2007, Blogger Red Mummy said...

bila ko buat kenduri ker..

raya ker..

sambut menantu ker...

sambut erkk..

bday ker..

 
At Sunday, 01 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK la Kak Red ;-)

 
At Sunday, 01 July, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eiiii, why can't I access google.com or my blogger account since last night nih? Tensen, tensen.

Nak update blog over the weekend pun terpostpone... Grr.....

 
At Sunday, 01 July, 2007, Blogger ManaL said...

Abdun u kena tagged! please check it at my blog under subject: Tagged for Charity

 

Post a Comment

<< Home