... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Monday, April 25, 2005

Toy Let

I came across these 2 photos which my sis had sent to me via email, about a new toilet concept in Switzerland (above). It is an interesting concept....mirror-like walls if you are on the outside of the toilet. But once you are inside, it’s a different story. The walls are made entirely out of one-way glass. No one can see you in there (luckily), but when you are inside, it looks like you're sitting in a clear glass box. You can completely see the outside world. But still, I’m sure our conscience is telling us ‘Hey! What are you looking at?’ to the person who is walking nearby and whose eyes gaze upon the toilet.

Imagine if the same ‘see-through’ concept is applied in Malaysia, especially on those free toilets. I bet after only a few weeks, the ‘tranparent’ walls and roof would be covered with dirt, grime, smoke (from cigarettes) and even faeces and urine. You’d be busy wondering whether to complete your ‘business as usual’ or not, instead of admiring the outside views. Ewww.....gross!

After seeing those pictures, they somehow reminded me of the good old days back in 1999, the time when I had the adventure of my life, backpacking in Europe (Switzerland included).

I was in Lucerne at that time, at this 'glass-making' factory. The toilets are not transparent (obviously they hadn’t come up with the idea back then). However, instead of them putting up the usual 'men' and 'women' symbols at the doors, they actually put the words ('men' and'women') in Swiss French. Since it was an emergency 'leakage' and there was no one to ask, I gambled that I picked the right one. I only realised that I was in the wrong toilet when after leaving my cubicle, I saw a lady at the sink. Luckily she greeted me calmly and understood the mistake that I made. Otherwise, she could have flipped out, dashed through the door and screamed “Pervert! Pervert!” while pointing towards me. Then, came those huge factory workers whose sizes were like Hulk Hogan, picked me up and threw me into the Lucerne Lake. Hmmm….quite an imagination that I have, huh?


Anyway, after recalling that memory, I realised that the ‘women’ door is always on our right side, am I right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home