... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Thursday, April 21, 2005

I’m not a boxer, not yet a million-dollar baby

Today, 20 April 2005, my (kick) boxing class begins. There are two instructors for the class, a Malay guy D’Zul and Dan (I think he’s American). As for the students, only myself and two other girls. Man, it is tough. But then, what is not tough in this world especially if it’s new and doesn’t come with practise. The stretching involves something that I’ve never seen before. After half hour into the class, I feel so drained and out of energy. But since the class pace is fast, I don’t want to take a rest and lose anything. At times, I’m really gasping for breath and literally panting, like a cat who is thirsty for water (now I know what it feels like since usually when I feel a bit tired during exercise, I just pamper myself by pausing or slowing down). Even the ‘cool-down’ stretching is rather intense, not fully match the word cool down. Apart from the stretching routines which are varied, the one and half hour class involves some kicking and punching workouts. You see, before the class, I plan that when I punch the bag, I just need to imagine someone whom I just love to punch if I had the chance. You know, maybe like George Bush, Ariel Sharon, my 12th ex-girlfriend (haaa…..haa…..) or some other people. But then, it turns out that due to tiredness and pressuring myself to do it right, it becomes rather difficult to imagine those people. Despite of that, I’m sure with practise and the right guidance, I can be the next million-dollar baby (male, that is).

P/S: If you don’t know what I’m talking about, Million-Dollar Baby is actually a boxing flick by Clint Eastwood. See me while I was a baby (above). Aren't I a million dollar cute?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home