... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Friday, April 22, 2005

Farewell my love

Yesterday was a public holiday. Today is a Friday – a working day (sigh!). I’m taking the bus after work, going back to Muar, meeting up with her. Ija and her parents will be leaving for Umrah tonight, for two weeks. Under their Umrah package, a bus will be picking them up together with other Umrah travellers from Muar to KLIA airport in KL. So, basically, I’m going back to Muar while she leaves for KL. Quite a plan, you might think. But the thing is, their flight is very early in the morning - not very convenient for me to take a taxi to go to the airport. That will cost me a bomb since other modes of public transportation is still not in service. After all, I don’t want other Umrah travellers to suspect that I have some kind of relationship (ehem…) with Ija and the family.

Luckily the traffic is smooth. I arrive just in time before the ‘kenduri’ for their farewell begins. Those who are at the kenduri are nobody whom I never met before – Ija’s three aunties, her granny and her siblings. No other relatives are present. So, I don’t have to worry about someone who might be whispering, ‘Is he the one?’ or ‘Who is that?’ or just plain ‘Oohhhh…’ I know that time will come sooner or later, but better be later, if you ask me. Let the mystery lingers for a little while longer.

P/S: In case you don’t know, Umrah means visiting Mecca for Muslims. If Hajj is performed only during a particular period of the Muslim year, Umrah is performed during the remaining months of the year. And that is only one of the differences between Umrah and Hajj. As for ‘kenduri’, it is a religious ceremony where attendants pray and praise for Allah and the Prophet Muhammad. People hold a ‘kenduri’ for various reasons: to pray for the dead; to bid farewell for the loved ones or to express gratitude to God for passing an important school exam (examples). Usually, there will be foods and drinks served, but that is not the main agenda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home