... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Small finger will bend and snap, bend and snap, bend and snap...

London bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down ....
London bridge is falling down, my fair Ikhwan ....
Can we build it up again, up again, up again ....
Can we build it up again, my fair Ikhwan ....
Build it up with small fingers, small fingers, small fingers .....
Build it up with small fingers, my fair Ikhwan .....
Small fingers will bend and snap, bend and snap, bend and snap ....
Small fingers will bend and snap, my fair Ikhwan .....

*************

No, this is not my version of the nursery rhyme London Bridge Is Falling Down. It actually describes what happened to my right little finger recenly - it 'bent and snapped'.....

It was a Thursday. We decided to send Ikhwan at the nearby nursery for a day. I was working as usual, while my wife had matters to attend to.

That evening, it was raining heavily. Since my wife arrived back at our condo before I did, she waited for me at the nursery. When I got there, it was still drizzling and was already dark despite the time hadn't reached 7 o'clock yet. It seemed that the sun had decided to set earlier than usual that day.

I could see my wife's car parked nearby the pool area, where the nursery is closely located. After parking my car, I walked to the nursery, carrying my working bag, a shopping bag and an umbrella.

Upon reaching the nursery, my wife carried Ikhwan to the car, while I carried the working bag, the shopping bag, two umbrellas (including wife's), Ikhwan's nursery bag and Ikhwan's basket (which contained his tin of milk, a bottle of plain water, a thermos and a bottle warmer).

While I was putting down the stuffs in the back seat, the working and nursery bags had somehow slipped from my shoulders. As I tried to prevent them from continue on slipping, my little finger became the 'victim' of holding the bags by their straps. Those few seconds that happened when all the weight of the bags was forced to be on top of my finger had caused the bones to snap, making the finger looking rather crooked and 'bent'. It was quite painful of course, but since I could still open and close my palms as usual, I just bear with it till the next day.

I went for an X-Ray and received a 3-day mc for it. Gladly claimed my insurance for all the expenses incurred.

If you could see from the above X-Ray slide, just underneath the 'R' side, the bones to my little finger looked rather crooked and out of place right?

So what did we do next? After realising that these days, my wife won't be able to help much with all the carrying (as her hands are full attending to Ikhwan), we decided to get ourselves a trolley. That should do the job! At least, it saves me time and energy in carrying stuffs to or from the car.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, 03 July, 2007, Blogger Red Mummy said...

what kind of trolley yg ko amik? yg merah itam cam pi pasar tu keh?

meh sini belajar ngan mak merah ko ni cam ne nak bwk bembarang ngan anak bagai. ni camne ni anak br 1 dah bengkok 1 jari, kalo 3, mau 8 jari ko patah kan..

 
At Tuesday, 03 July, 2007, Blogger Mel Ija said...

Oh my God..!! What happened? The crooked finger looks really painful.

Anyway, how's it feel like to have a baby around these days? Do you wake up in the middle of the night to change its diaper and feed him or do you let your wife do it?

 
At Wednesday, 04 July, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Isy, Kak Red ni, sabor jer lah... hehe...

Klu bawak beg baju dalam 2,3 tu ok lg kot, coz 2 beg buleh sadung kat bahu kanan & kiri, lagi satu pegang kat tangan jer..

Yg jadi 'complicated' tu all these small bags. Sumbat semua dlm trolley yg merah itam tu lg senang.

 
At Wednesday, 04 July, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Hi Ija,

having a baby is SUPER GREAT!!!Every now and then, I voluntarily wake up in the middle of the night or stay up late to take care of our baby. But since my wife is still on leave (till end of August), sometimes she tells me to go to bed since I have to work the following morning.

But then if I insist on helping, she cannot do anything also lohh... hehehee..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home