... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Merdeka Sketches (updated - drawing of the flag and a dept photo are included)







Last 31 August was Malaysia's Independence Day and a holiday. And two days before that, the company held a Merdeka High-Tea (Merdeka is Malay for Freedom). In conjunction with the high tea, we also held a few competitions which included Drawing and Colouring contest, Best Merdeka Decoration contest among departments, Best Dressed (one contestant representing each department) and poetry recitals. Quite patriotic don't you agree? :)

I entered the first contest, drawing a Malaysian flag in a rather creative shape. But another person whose flag is the usual square one and nothing to shout about with regard to her colouring skills won the contest (I think the votes were biased, hehe). I also contributed some cartoon sketches in decorating the department. The sketches, drawn on hard papers were pasted on walls together with other decorations/cartoons prepared by colleagues.

I don't intend to claim copyright for my sketches EXCEPT for the first three which purely came from my imagination. The remaining seven were drawn based on pictures and drawings. Since they (the copied ones) were just used internally in our office and I obviously won't reap any profits by publishing them in this blog, I hope the original artists are not going to sue me or anything...sigh! For acknowledgement sake, I hereby list down where the sketches 4 to 10 were based from:

Cartoon 4 - based on a photo from http://naqbi.freeservers.com/photo.html. The same photo is used in my 21st August 2006 entry;

Cartoon 5 - based on Doraemon character;

Cartoon 6 - based on King Kong;

Cartoon 7 - based on Bart of The Simpsons;

Cartoon 8 - based on Superman;

Cartoon 9 - based on Spiderman;

Cartoon 10 - based on Wolverine of X-Men.

P/S: In case anyone wonders, what shape does the flag represent? Actually, I was aiming to draw it to look like a dolphin (some kind of dolphin huh?) But then, oopss, the result looks more like the bones of a dolphin or a dolphin shattered to pieces? Hehe... Some also says it looks like a banana leaf and there are those who opine that it looks more like a shredded flag. Oh brother, that was never in my mind - to disgrace my own flag and own country? Never ever...sigh...

PP/S: For those who have not seen me for a while, here's a latest photo of me. Well, I've grown :))) The photo was taken by our talented artist cum photographer, Andrew (squatting behind me).

2 Comments:

At Sunday, 03 September, 2006, Blogger Hazyr said...

hehe.. I like the kingkong best :)

 
At Monday, 04 September, 2006, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Hi Hazyr, so you like King Kong eh? How about the crying baby..? hint, hint :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home