... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Making rooms

Last Saturday (2nd September 2006), as I was driving home with my wife after some shopping, all of a sudden I was thinking that 10 years from now, if I'm still well and healthy (Insha' Allah), I might be driving the same route going home, after picking up our child (or children) from school or tuition.

Then, later that evening, it occured to me to rearrange the clothes stacked in our wardrobe. The purpose? So that I could leave some rooms in the wardrobe. The reason for wanting some rooms? So that our baby's clothes, baby's diapers etc etc can be put there.

My wife was tickled when she found out the reason for my action (rearranging clothes). First of all, she had only entered her ninth week of pregnancy. Therefore, it would be months away before our first child enters our lives. Furthermore, we would almost certainly need a separate (maybe smaller) wardrobe for our baby's clothings and stuffs. Our wardrobe space won't be able to cater for that for sure...


However, my wife was also touched by my gestures and thoughts. She knew I was eager, that I longed for that moment (the birth) to come... That I couldn't wait to be a father....

Having posted this message, I guess it's known now that WE ARE expecting our first child (I think news this good, shouldn't be kept a secret for so long, provided that the conscience is clear and there is no intention to boast whatsoever).

My fellow friends, please pray for the safety of the child and the mother throughout the months of pregnancy, during the period of delivery and during the times of raising this child to become a HUMAN BEING. And you can pray for the father too, of course... :)) Thank you.

P/S: A relative said to me that the BABY in the family is soon going to have a BABY. Haha, I guess in a matter of months, my wife would be so busy attending to two babies :))

9 Comments:

At Wednesday, 06 September, 2006, Blogger Mel Ija said...

Yeah... and I hope that the BIGGER baby wouldn't need so much of taking care :)

Congratulations..!!

 
At Wednesday, 06 September, 2006, Blogger ManaL said...

fatherhood, parenthood, paternal instincts...best wishes to u, wife and preborn baby.

I recognized u straight away from ur photo in the previous entry. U havent changed that much...prolly sideways only (like u've always joyfully mentioned before).

U must be feeling anxious now that u'll be a dad to ur own child. Heck, dunno how will i deal with that once my time comes.

 
At Wednesday, 06 September, 2006, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Hey Ija and Manal, thanx a lot for the wishes... Yeah, the bigger baby definitely needs less taking care of soon.

Anxious, worried, happy - all mixed into one, with the baby coming. When that time comes, surely have more things to do and perhaps with some sleepless nights, maybe my mid-section can become slim again... haha

 
At Wednesday, 06 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OoOoo... Better get the reading materials ready for the Q&A session. I think you can start practising in front of the mirror to keep a straight face when you are asked the "Where do I come from?" Q... ;p Kekekee...

CONGRATS, future daddy to be :)

 
At Wednesday, 06 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

harharhar so sweet yet so funny :D. Mana cukup kalau setakat selit celah mommy & daddy's closet. Babies nih, nampak je kecik, tapi barang dia.. masyaAllah banyaknye! Dgn booties & mittennye, barutnye, kain bedungnye, towel lap air susu tumpahnye.. u know, the list goes on!

Don't mean to takutkan you, just thinking out loud from my (very humble & seciput) experience. Good luck & congrats again :). Thanx for leaving a comment in my fp.

 
At Thursday, 07 September, 2006, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

How's life Cindy? Never mind, if I feel I can't handle the questions, I'll refer him/her/them? to Auntie Cindy. How does that sound?

True Shiha, recalling the stuffs that my nieces have, memang tak muat pun nak letak dalam mommy & daddy's closet. Silap2x mommy & daddy's stuffs yang kena letak kat luar.. Haha

Thanx to both of you for the wishes.

 
At Thursday, 07 September, 2006, Blogger pugly said...

Aaah ... bless ... the doting father eagerly awaiting the arrival of his first-born :-)

Here's wishing your wife a safe pregnancy throughout ... & birth 9 months (or less) from now :-) Kurang-kurangkan tengok benda tak senonoh, takut nanti your wife terkenan - which includes visiting my blog less frequently ... hehehe ...

 
At Friday, 08 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Abdun!!!

It is the most magical experience! You will be great!! When is your
wife's due date?

Life here is awesome. 2 little boys and a wonderful husband.

In all love and light
Tila

 
At Friday, 08 September, 2006, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Pugly - Baik kak, saya akan kurang-kurangkan tengok benda tak senonoh. As one of the efforts, I shall remove your blog url from my favourites impromptu... haha, kidding!

Tila, nice to hear from you. Expected delivery date is 13 April 2007...1+3=4, cool ha? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home