... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Humanoid

A colleague gives her thought the other day about what she sees in me. She says, I try so hard to please everyone. First, starting with my family and friends, then office mates, then people whom I hardly know of (examples are those I meet and talk with, like a couple of times only).... and now I worry so much about meeting my future wife's and family in laws' expectations (which I don't fully know actually).

She says I should think about myself first, then other people. It's ok to be selfish sometimes, as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else. But then, if we try not to hurt anybody, it's not really considered selfish huh?

She thinks maybe by putting other people's interests before me as the first priority, has made me rather undecisive and fickle-minded when it comes to making decisions. Now that's something new! It's rather surprising to hear such a comment as nobody ever told me that before (although I don't deny there is some truth to what she says).

Further, don't you agree that if we openly object or voice our thoughts whenever we are not satisfied about something, we are labelled as someone who likes to complaint or not grateful. But then, when we just keep quiet, after some time and at some point, people would be telling, 'Why didn't you bring this up before?' or You shouldn't have kept this to yourself', or Don't you think, it's already too late to mention about this matter now?' Bla blah blahhh...

A good example is, when an employee who is very good at his/her job, suddenly decides to resign because apparently (without telling the employer beforehand), there are so many things that he/she is not satisfied with, over how the management handles things.

sigh! I guess being a human is just as difficult as being a King King (joke).

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, 18 January, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the King Kong tickets! Enjoyed every moment in front of the BIG screen! ...the seats hurt thou... ;)
I hope Peter Jackson will direct the next Narnia movie!
Kong rules!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home