... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Why did the chicken cross the road...? Not to be hit by a raging bull, of course.

Situation 1 (as experienced by Ms. Chicken):

It was a Thursday morning. Initialy, I thought it was just like any other morning. But the unexpected happened. My owner had forgotten to close my cage, let alone locked it. For the first time ever, I could smell the one thing I had longed for, ever since I came out of my egg. The smell of freedom, waiting right there in front of me, outside the cage.

Reluctant at first, I slowly walked towards the cage's gate. After realising that the line was clear, without a moment of delay, I quickly jumped out of that small, uncomfortable and unkempt cage that had imprisoned me all this while.

My owner was one mean person. He was a construction worker, an Indonesian man. The cage was so small, it could only cater for me alone. Heck, how did he expect that such a horrible living condition could help enhance my beauty? I had needs too, you know - I needed to attract male chickens, to populate. Until came that day, when the chicken in my next cage, Ms. Pot Pet died at his knife. Immediately...., it striked me that my owner didn't keep us to rear us. The reason that he kept just a few of us was so that he could eat us.

That was why I ran with a lightning speed, the minute I was out of the cage. Little did I realise that all along, I was surrounded by all these tall buildings where humans lived in. It seemed to me, they too lived in cages, huh...

I then arrived at a curb of a two-lane-one-way road. Again, the coast was clear, and so I quickly crossed to the other side, only to find out, I hadn't actually reached the other side. I only came to another curb which divided the first two-lane road with another, for vehicles going in the opposite direction. I didn't have time to stop and kept going. That was when I realised a red car coming from my left side, approaching fast like a mad raging bull. Both of us were in a collision course. The vehicle steered a bit as the driver (Mr. Bull) tried to avoid me. But it was too late. I went under the vehicle instead. My feathers, beautiful feathers flew all over the place. After the hit, I tried to drag my heavy legs so that I could reach the other side. But I was injured, probably badly, and I fell to the ground. Just before I lost consciousness, I could see the vehicle was moving in a rather zig-zag direction before it sped off...

Situation 2 (as experienced by Mr. Inconsiderate):

That Thursday evening was raining heavily. Just like some other drivers, I chose to take the Smart tunnel, to avoid the jam that had clogged the Pandan Indah roundabout.

As I exited the tunnel, I took the Touch N' Go lane and it was quite a long queue. The next lane was for Smartag users and apparently the toll for it was closed. A few vehicles had wrongly taken the Smartag lane and now, they tried to squeeze in between the vehicles on my lane. Great, they were now pushing me far back from the toll exit than before.

Hmmmm..... this red car of the same make was trying to squeeze in front of me. I thought I should just drove very closely to the front jip, so that he wouldn't stand a chance.

Hmmmm..... he didn't seem to back off. Never mind, I'd rather have my car scratched that letting this sucker won. Now both of us were in one lane.

Hahaa... I had won. He backed away. Ops, what the heck? He was honking me so loudly? And what with your car signals kept blinking? Was he trying to tell me that he had already given me a signal?

Ahhh.... now that I had reached the toll, I could leave this sucker behind. Oh! wait, he was chasing after me. Despite the rain, he was tail gating me, and very closely, mind you... Now that we had entered a highway, he revved up his engine as he took over me. Gasp, I think I had messed up with a wrong guy.... He was like a raging mad bull...

Situation 3 (as explained by Mr. Raging Bull):

Ms. Chicken, I was so sorry I hit you. I felt really bad. I had just turned into the road and with no other vehicles around, I decided to press hard on the gas pedal. Now, how could I expect there would be a chicken running around, crossing the road, in the middle of the city, right? Not that there was a chicken farm nearby or something...

Yes, I saw your feathers flying around. It was not something I saw everyday. And yes, my heart crushed as I saw you fell to the ground. But what could I do? Took you to the vet? Then what? And if you had died, gave you a proper burial?

Now to you, Mr. Inconsiderate - you stupid bloody fool!!! I just couldn't comprehend what kind of a person who would rather have his vehicle banged up, than to show some empathy to other road users.

For your information, I took the wrong lane by mistake. In fact, I patted my forehead when I realised my error. And since I took the liberty to give my car signal, before slowly inching my way to be in front of you, what you had shown to me was completely unacceptable and inconsiderate.

Did you know that I was cursing like mad when I realised I had to make way for you? So mad, that I didn't realise I kept flicking my car signal right and left. Yes, at that time, I was scolding (despite the fact you couldn't hear me) at you for not being attentive to my signals. Well, if that was the reason why you showed such a behaviour. And when I honked you long and hard, twice, I was even ready, should you stepped out of your car looking for a fist fight, the first thing that I would grab would be my steering lock.

Why did I drive so closely behind you after we exited the toll? Well, since you wanted so much to brush with my car earlier, I thought I should return the compliment. Stupid fella...

P/S: When I relayed the latter incident to my wife, she said my threshold level for losing my cool could have dropped tremendously, ever since I now spend more time on the road compared to before. Honestly, I don't have the answer to her theory. My temper level could have been all time high, except that all this while, it hardly manifested itself, just lied there, dormant...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, 05 December, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very creatively written, and different from how u usually write..

 
At Friday, 07 December, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Oh, thank you...

 
At Tuesday, 11 December, 2007, Blogger Mel Ija said...

Hhmm...

So, which are you again? Definitely not the Raging Bull, right?

Was that your way to alleviate anger? If it was, I think it's really good. Trying to see the possible perspectives at all angles.

 
At Wednesday, 12 December, 2007, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Ija Dude, I AM the Raging Bull, read the story again, haha..

The Raging Bull (me!) accidentally hit Ms. Chicken and was ready to have a fight with Mr. Inconsiderate.

 
At Wednesday, 12 December, 2007, Blogger Mel Ija said...

Ahhh... hhmm... ok :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home