... and you are one of them!

Games at Miniclip.com - Penguin Rush Penguin Rush

Race your penguin down the slopes to the finish line!

Play this free game now!!

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Damn it, damn it…..

Over almost the past two weeks, the gym that I go to had been closed. They put up a notice that said, “TECHNICAL ERROR.” I didn’t like the sound of that….and a couple of days ago, the management of the building officially said; they have locked and taken over the premise due to long outstanding rental problem. Therefore, the gym is most likely won't re-open after all. There are a lot of disgruntled users (including myself) over what will happen to our money?

Actually, money is not the main thing that really pisses me off. In a previous post, I shared with you how I was following this one fitness programme at the gym, to the extent that I drew out the exercises routines myself. But while I’m all energetic to look and be healthy, this happens.

This is just so typical. I remember at school, I once asked a so-called friend to teach me how to play tennis. And this ‘friend’ answered, “There will be a lot of people watching.” What the hell was that supposed to mean? So, what was I, some fucking weird unknown animal? (Syukran, if you are reading this, I have something to confess…the reason that I didn’t attend your wedding was because, apart from you and a couple other friends, I don’t really care about what happens to the rest of ex-school mates. I don’t really want to meet them again ….ever!)

Then there was this person A, whom I asked to teach me play chess. And person A asked back, whether I knew the movements of the pieces. When I said no, person A replied, “If that’s the case, then sorry, I can’t help you. It’s very difficult.” Shouldn’t the right answer be, “Try to observe how people play first or read from books, then come back to me,” or “Come, I show you everything,” instead of totally blew me off. What? Did person A happen to know everything about chess naturally, like right from the moment he was born?

I remember when I secretly bought 5 or 6 books on sports and games but I ended torching them all to ashes. This is because it was all theory and rules and I didn’t fully understand most parts of them. It was quite stressful to just read them, without practising them.

Then recently, I joined a boxing class. I made that decision because, I thought in order to be protective (now that I am becoming a husband soon), I need to know how to protect. After all, it’s good exercises! But, just when I was all pumped up in learning boxing and even did own practices at home, the class got cancelled - due to that stupid gym’s management issues.

Now, the whole gym is no longer in operation. So, what am I supposed to do with all those sketches and articles on exercises? Burn them all as well?

Maybe I was destined to be the weak, slob and good-for-nothing person anyway. So why bother to change, right? I just can't do this alone...that's all...

You might think that what an angry man I am today. But isn’t one of the purposes of having a blog, is so that you’ll be able to express your feelings? In other words, be able to say “DAMN IT, DAMN IT” out loud and let the whole world know about it…..

4 Comments:

At Sunday, 10 July, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

some bad experiences with your previous friendship huh? i think friendship is one the most important things in our life beside our relationship with Allah, family, neighbours,colleages, etc. we can't live alone anyway in this big, big world. we need somebody whom we can talk to, laugh with, argue things?, and to enjoy this life together.. i think what is more important is for us to choose the right person to be our close friend; somebody you can trust in, somebody who cares for you, somebody u can share your secret with and somebody that u know will always there for u whether u are 'up' or u are'down'. i do meet some of them in my life, syukran.. u should try to find at least one too, then u'll realize what true friendship is all about..

 
At Tuesday, 19 July, 2005, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

Thank you anne for that insightful comment. Yeah, I do hope I can/already find at least one too. Anyway, I don't think we've met before, although please apologise if I'm mistaken. Perhaps you can send an email to me? Thanks.

 
At Tuesday, 19 July, 2005, Blogger The Pisces Man said...

By the way, my email is abdunmy@yahoo.com

 
At Wednesday, 20 July, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I can sense a lot of anger here. There's an old baggage that you've been carrying around too. Anyways, try Fitness First. My friends recently joined their programme and I think it's really worth it. You get to use all equipment as you please, you can join any of the classes (dance, aerobics, etc.) conducted for FREE, you can enjoy free coffee,soft drinks after you work out...and there are also FF branches that offer vcd loan for members at no extra charge. Go check it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home